Here's the dilemma I had a few months back. Speculation was in the air that a new iPhone is to be released very soon. I was excited to get a new one on my hands especially if it had 3G and GPS and more. But I wasn't gonna pitch in another couple hundred bucks to lay my hands on it. Also there were a couple other phones which looked enticing. So I basically wanted an exit strategy so that I can test the waters for the next phone.
What pulled the trigger on my decision was my friends insider word that the iPhone is gonna be a 200$ cheaper but will have a more expensive data plan. So off I went and got into the act of unlocking using Ziphone unlock tool. My first attempt was pretty bad - ended up losing Youtube and Visual Voicemail. But then I reverted all my actions and started off afresh. This time, it was all success.A few days before the big announcement, I posted up the unlocked one on ebay. The 3 day posting didn't look promising till the last one hour when the price jumped from 150$ to a whopping 370$. What's more - I got to play around with the unlocked iPhone to get a glimpse of the kind of applications and games that can be developed on the device.
So here I am, back to square one, using a $15 motorola phone, a device while does solely what the name stands for. But then, the next few days are dedicated to exploring the market and zeroing in onto my next device. Let's say - the wizard is on his wand hunt.